How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 70512
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, i am 26. I currently have 6 points on my license for driving

This answer was rated:

Hi, i am 26. I currently have 6 points on my license for driving without insurance which i acquired 2 years and 9 months ago. i have currently becoming ill and have been awarded mobility. in order to help me on travels to many appointments i wanted to get a car under mobility. unfortunately i have been told that i would not be able to be insured as i have an IN10? what is this and is there any way that i can still get a mobility car as my illness has stopped e from working and this car would actually be essential for me.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you mean insured under mobility or generally insured?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

insured under mobility

Thank you.

I'm afraid I cannot give you any good news. Ultimately mobility cannot be forced to insured you and they do currently have a policy of not insuring anybody with an IN10 on their licence. There's really no way around it.

You can always apply. It would do no harm. Perhaps you can mitigate your position by reference to the circumstances. The fact that they have a policy does not mean they would never depart from it.

I'm very sorry and I wish I could give you better news but thats their current policy.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972does that mean i should get in contact with the insurance group that are designated to mobility? If so, what insurer would i need to contact?
You can certainly try here

But be realistic.

I'm very sorry
Jo C. and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 Thank you for your help

No problem.

I wish I could give you better news.