Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Hi Where I work we have a garage which i have been given permission

Customer Question

Hi
Where I work we have a garage which i have been given permission to park in front of. Now the thing is i have been working there for about 6 years now and in the past every time i parked there i was given a ticket but contested it a couple of times and won. Recently i parked as per usual put a note on the windsheild advising that this was not a footpath and it was our garage i was parked in front of and i was still issued a ticket. the wardne proceeded to take a picture from an angle to look like i was on a footpath and they disregarded the picture i sent them which showed that i was certainly not on a footpath and the footpath they describe leads no where so i definitely would not be obstructing anyones path. please can I appeal and if so what do i say. thanks
Category: UK Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer of this fine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Camden council

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks

Whats the contravention code?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

62

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
OK.

Thanks.

I presume you accept that this road is council maintained? Its not private land?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i understand that.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

You accept this is a public road?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

May be a public road but i was not parked on the road. can i send you picture that way you can better understand what i am talking about.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
You can do that but it does slow things down a bit.

You can send it to [email protected] but include a link to this post so the mods know its for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok in the mean time what do you advise.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well like i said this has happened before in 2009 they were having a fill day with my car everyweek i was getting a ticket and i complained and they let me off my argument is if i was in the wrong then why did they let me off then, and not on one occasion but several.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok I have now sent the pictures to the email address you gave and you will see that this is where and how i have parked and have been parking since 2007 when i started working there and same way for 6 years nothing has changed. we are in 2013 now and i have not received anymore tickets since the harassment's in 2009.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
What harassment? Do you mean the issue of lawful parking fines for parking on a footway? If so thats not harassment I'm afraid. They are allowed to do that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have you received the email i sent?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No, as I said it slows things down a bit

I wouldn't expect to receive it for several hours I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jomo1972,

i have not heard back from you yet.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Hi

I haven't had anything through from the mods yet but its really very unlikely to change my answer above as footway parking is prohibited whatever ostensible permissions you had.

I will opt out to see if anybody takes a different view.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!