UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

Hi Where I work we have a garage which i have been given permission

Customer Question
Hi Where I work we have...
Hi
Where I work we have a garage which i have been given permission to park in front of. Now the thing is i have been working there for about 6 years now and in the past every time i parked there i was given a ticket but contested it a couple of times and won. Recently i parked as per usual put a note on the windsheild advising that this was not a footpath and it was our garage i was parked in front of and i was still issued a ticket. the wardne proceeded to take a picture from an angle to look like i was on a footpath and they disregarded the picture i sent them which showed that i was certainly not on a footpath and the footpath they describe leads no where so i definitely would not be obstructing anyones path. please can I appeal and if so what do i say. thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/16/2013
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer of this fine?

Camden council

Thanks

Whats the contravention code?

62

OK.

Thanks.

I presume you accept that this road is council maintained? Its not private land?

i understand that.

You accept this is a public road?

May be a public road but i was not parked on the road. can i send you picture that way you can better understand what i am talking about.

You can do that but it does slow things down a bit.

You can send it to [email protected] but include a link to this post so the mods know its for me.

ok in the mean time what do you advise.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Well like i said this has happened before in 2009 they were having a fill day with my car everyweek i was getting a ticket and i complained and they let me off my argument is if i was in the wrong then why did they let me off then, and not on one occasion but several.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?

ok I have now sent the pictures to the email address you gave and you will see that this is where and how i have parked and have been parking since 2007 when i started working there and same way for 6 years nothing has changed. we are in 2013 now and i have not received anymore tickets since the harassment's in 2009.

What harassment? Do you mean the issue of lawful parking fines for parking on a footway? If so thats not harassment I'm afraid. They are allowed to do that.

Have you received the email i sent?

No, as I said it slows things down a bit

I wouldn't expect to receive it for several hours I'm afraid.

Hi Jomo1972,

i have not heard back from you yet.

Hi

I haven't had anything through from the mods yet but its really very unlikely to change my answer above as footway parking is prohibited whatever ostensible permissions you had.

I will opt out to see if anybody takes a different view.
Solicitor: James Mather,
 replied 4 years ago
James Mather
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
James Mather
James Mather
James Mather