How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 70526
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:


Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with your licence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FORJOMO1972 mydateofbirthiswrongonmydriverslicenseitshouldbe1945insteaditsays1949


what should i do?

You just need to inform the DVLA that the information is incorrect.

I presume its an administrative error? If so, this is nothing to worry about. They will just amend it.

People have errors on their driving licence's all the time. Its just a simple matter of correcting it. They do charge a small fee.

They might want sight of your birth certificate but apart from that this is very easy to put right.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


My license was issued to me in 1990!! and I have only now discovered it!!

It doesn't matter.

Unless you acted dishonestly when you applied its a non issue. Driving licences have incorrect information all the time. Unless you did something like lie about your age in order to get a licence early etc there's no case against you.

There is a duty to inform now that you've noticed but they won't take any action against you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Phew, thats a relief, thank you so much. So I just contact the dmv and then what... sorry I am very nervous

Yes, just write to them and explain.

Send your licence in for amendment. They will probably charge a fee.
Jo C. and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you