UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

Hi. On 13/03/13 I was driving my 125cc bike. Police stopped

Customer Question
me for a check, finding...
Hi. On 13/03/13 I was driving my 125cc bike. Police stopped me for a check, finding in my box 4 envelopes with different adresses on it, the reason I had these, is That my friend was not feeling well, so he asked me if I can sort out this things for him, (for no money payment) I was on the way to hackney town hall at the time, And obviously I have regular domestic and pleasure insurance. 
After showing the officer my provisional license card and paper and cbt, and they checked the insurance by phone, They asked me if the letters are for a business? I said yes, its for hackney town hall which they are a business. So they took my words as i said that i work for a buissnes, so i was meant to have business insurance. They made me sighn that it's for business and that I do it 3 times a week - which I never said and is not true! (the reason I sighned it, was because it was raining and very cold weather, so all I wanted was to get home a s a p, so did not concentrate on sighning.) they marked me as: no insurance and took away my bike, which I picked it up next day for   £150, They gave me a ticket fine £200 and said I need to surender my license within 7 days - which I didn't! And I will get 6 points! (the reason I did not surrender my license is because I thought that if I want a court hearing I don't need to go to police station - which I know now it's wrong.)

So my qweshten is: what do I do next?
Should I go now to surrender my license?
Will I still receive a court hearing?
If I do receive a court hearing, and i lose and i get 6 points, what will happen? will I lose my provishnel license? - if yes, all I need to do is apply for a new one?!? (i know the insurance will go up)

Thanks for taking your time reading my letter.

Waiting to here from you!
S. Tunk
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
5/8/2013
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

When did you pass your test?
Hi I don't have a full license, only provisional, my cbt I passed on 28/09/12
My provisional Is valid from 19/11/11 to 06/05/21
Thanks please tell me what to do next!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Hi Jomo1972

Thank you for answering!!!

You manshent that I can get prosecute, and can get a fine,
Up to How much do you think the fine could be?

2) What will happen if tomorrow police will pull me down, will they see something on there system (that I did not surrender)

3) so just to be clear, getting points on provisional is nothing, just the insurance will go up
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
thank you jomo1972 so much for your help!
Last one I promise!

I'm trying to make insurance, I don't have 6 point's YET, why is it already double higher then usel??

I'm not an insurance specialist but not sure why you are seeking insurance? You don't have a licence and so cannot drive ?

Even if you are insured it will be invalidated if you drive alone.
Hi jomo1972.
I am looking for insurance for my moter bike!

I'm sorry but I think you got it wrong..

The law is that a motor bike upto 125cc you are allowed to drive with a provisional licence with a CBT - which is a course you take and the CBT last for 2 years, (need to display L plates, only 1 passenger on bike, no motor way!)

My insurance expires this week, and I am looking for new 1!

Can't wait to hear from you!
Yes, sorry you are riding on a cbt

I need to look up whether or not 6 revokes that entitlement. I'm fairly sure it doesn't but ill just check
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
What If I listen to you and surrender and will get a big fine bigger than what you mentioned or any other charge??
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
To jomo 1972 thanks for replying so let me get to the point, your saying it's best to surrender now? How much is the maximum fine I wil get for surrounding after 7 days?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister