UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

Hi got a fpn for using mobile phone whilst driving today, but

Customer Question
the code on the fpn...
Hi got a fpn for using mobile phone whilst driving today, but the code on the fpn ticket is 125 not cu80. Can I avoid it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
5/3/2013
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 4 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

We're you using a phone?

Hi unluckly I was using my phone.

Ok. Its helpful to know what we are dealing with.

Do you have any other points and, if so, from when ?

Hi I have 3 points from about 3 years, when I was stopped going through a amber to red traffic lights.

Also I checked my license it expired in Feb 2013, so I need to apply for new license. The FPN requires me to produce my license at my local police station.

Are you prepared to run the risk of going to court? You would only get the same number of points but the financial penalty may be higher.

If I lost at court what will the court cost be like?

Can I go ask them to re-issue or correct FPN as it has code 125 and not CU80?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

So what I will do is go to police station, highlight the wrong code, tell them I can not produce the license as I am waiting for a renewal license to come through.

Should ignore the FPN fine of £60 for now or pay that?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?

Thanks I will go with that.

Its the right decision to be wholly honest.

It carries risk of course but personally I think its a low one overall.

Do come back if you want more guidance. The question won't close from your side.
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister