UK Traffic Law

Have UK Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

UK Traffic Law

I have received a court summons for doing 53mph in a 30zone

in Henlade on the A358...
I have received a court summons for doing 53mph in a 30zone in Henlade on the A358. I do have a clean licence
I am a Dentist and a mother it is just me and my husband in the UK.
I have to be able to drive to do my work and collect my children from school.
My husband works full time
I am self employed and do not receive a wage slip. what proof do need to send about my income, and in what form.
My husband is self employed as well, what proof of his income needs to be supplied
4/16/2013
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

You don't need to supply proof of your income. You just need to fill out a means form at court if necessary or in advance.

If this is 53 mph in a 30 mph zone then you are probably summonsed to attend in person for consideration of disqualification.

You just have to fill out the means form declaring yours and his income to the best of your knowledge. There is no need to show accounts at the Magistrates Court.

I'm afraid that you are facing 6 points or a disqualification of between 7 - 56 days for this speed.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi Jo the summons state that I can plead guilty by post, that mean that I do not have to be present at the hearing?

And if not how do I pay the fine

FOR JOMO1972

The summons state that I can plead guilty by post, do I have to attend the court hearing

You can enter a plea in absence but they will probably summons you for consideration of disqualification anyway.

If time is an issue for you then I would suggest entering a plea and mitigating on the forms in the hope they only give you 6 points.

If they do summons you in person then you will have to attend and mitigate.

Its quite unlikely they would ban for this speed though.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

FOR JOMO1972

If I enter a plea and the mitigating forms, and they do summons me to attend in person, do I need legal representation.

Is there a pro forma for a mitigating letter?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister