How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 70299
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, i was accused of driving motor vehicle after consuming

This answer was rated:

Hi, i was accused of driving motor vehicle after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in my breath, namely 78 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. I'm Polish and i drivin polish car and i have polish driving licenc. I was wondering what penalty I can expect.and if they take my polish driving licenc or they just don't let my drive in UK.? and what i shoul to say in the court?
Thank you Marian.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help with this.

I presume you accept the offence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Customer: replied 4 years ago.


For future information, please start your question with. Yes

They cannot take your Polish licence. All they can do is disqualify you from driving in the UK.

For driving with 78 in breath you are facing a ban of 17-22 months and a band C fine.

The DVLA are not likely to revoke your entitlement to drive in the UK anyway if this is a 78 in breath and this is a first offence.

In terms of what to say in court, there is very rarely substantial mitigation for the higher readings. You just plead guilty and express remorse.

You may be able to use the duty solicitor at court although possibly it might not fall within the rules since it carries a fine only.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 what those mean ,,band C,,?

Its the banding of fines. It depends on your relevant weekly income.

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.
Jo C. and other UK Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what will be happend if police stop me after that when i will be have ban?

They would charge you with driving whilst disqualified and people go to prison for that.

Its not a good idea.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Thank You.

No problem.

All the best.