UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

Idid not have the req amount of change when parking in a local…

Customer Question
Idid not have the req...
Idid not have the req amount of change when parking in a local car park. I quickly went to an adjoining store for a refund on an item, knowing I would have the change to purchase the ticket straight after, which I did. As I approached my car a parking attendant was about to put a ticket on -I stated my lack of change and that I had gone to the ajoining store, etc[During this time I had been delayed inside the store as there were no staff around-myself and another lady were kept waiting a good five minutes. She also found herself in the same predicament went we got out of the shop] The parking attendant photographed my ticket and the other ladies.I have contested the matter with my local authority [Cheshire east council] who state that no allowance is given for poeple to seek change and that my car was observed without a ticket for 10 minutes
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
6/27/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What would you like to know about this?
I had purchased the ticket-should I pay the fine?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.