UK Traffic Law

Have UK traffic law questions? Ask a traffic lawyer online.

Without warning our Council changed the parking rules for the…

Customer Question
Without warning our Council changed...
Without warning our Council changed the parking rules for the Market Street area. previously the disabled had been allowed to park free and the sign at the entrance said this quite clearly. The original rules were that non disabled could park for 30 minutes for a fee of 60p, the ticket machine was located two thirds of the way down the single row of cars.
(the parking area was a single strip of land 21 cars could park side by side)
the ticket machine had a new sign added saying that the disabled now had to pay the 60p. The sign on the entrance still said disabled parking free. Many disabled visitors stopped at the entrance, saw the disabled free sign and drove into the the first parking space they
saw, they did not go near the ticket machine. They have tickets for £60 and Council say they must pay. This cannot be correct. Rob Clayton on behalf of several disabled in Wells Somerset
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Traffic Law
6/14/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 8 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What do you want to know about this?