bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I would like to ask. What are "businesses that pay little or

Good morningI would like to ask.
What are "businesses that pay little or no business rates"?
Does my Ltd company belongs to them, if I have truck driver and tour guide business - with working from my home office for your hours per day..?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You are most unlikely to have to pay business rates under such circumstances.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thank you, so what are business rates actually? Also does business needs to be officially listed somewhere as "business that pay little or no business rates"? This is in connection now with govermnment grant of £10 000 for all SME that pay little or no business rates. So I am trying to figure out if I would be eligible for it or no. Thank you for any advice on this.

What is your rateable value?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
so I found out already, that business needs to be receiving officially this from local authority. so it means that it needs to apply officially first for lower or not rate for commercial property and then when approved it will be alligible...But thank you anyway

Business rates are actually set by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA), a little known part of HMRC's empire, staffed by Chartered Surveyors.

Thank you for your support.