UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I'm trying to fill in my micro-entity balance sheet for

Hi! I'm trying to...

Hi! I'm trying to fill in my micro-entity balance sheet for Companies House but having trouble getting it to balance. It's a small company and all it has is £4000 in shareholders funds and I've received £1214 in monthly subscriptions to my site. The only costs are monthly software licensing costs and google adwords costs but not sure how to enter these so it balances?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Um...yeh, I've left this until quite last minute!

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

Please advise

- is this first set of accounts being filed at CH

- is there business bank account. If so, what was bank balance at balance sheet date

- does the company have debtors and creditors at year ended

- any fixed assets

Many thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's the first set of accounts and yes, there's a business bank account. Bank Balance as of 30/6/2017 (balance sheet date) was £140. It's an online business, the only income is from monthly subscriptions.Total Incomings for the period:Payments Received (monthly subscriptions) £1215
Shareholders money paid in £3993Outgoings:Monthly software licensing costs £3360
Other Costs (monthly subscriptions and advertising) £1707Bank Balance as of 30/6/2018 £140No debtors or creditors unless shareholders count. No fixed assets.Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your reply.

Please clarify for me..

- shareholders put in the business £3,933 to fund working capital etc.

- what is the issued share capital of the company.

- I presume accounts are for the period to 30 Jun 2017.

If you let me know company name, I will check what has been reported as called up share capital in confirmation statement.

many thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,Well £3933 is what we've paid in altogether although I don't think this was reported as called up share capital so I'm not sure if it's better to just call it loans or if I can put this as called up share capital now? Accounts are for the period to 30 June 2017. The company is Back2Back promotions Ltd.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We basically had to keep paying in money for a while just to cover the costs of the business so don't know how best to reflect this.

Thank you for the information.

Attached is draft micro-entity balance sheet for your perusal and filing.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Ifyou have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Best wishes.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need further clarification/information or have I answered your question.

Many thanks

taxadvisor.uk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's perfect! Thanks.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes

taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk