UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I would like to ask. My client's ex-accountant neglected…

HelloI would like to ask. My...
HelloI would like to ask.
My client's ex-accountant neglected Auto-Enrolment set up for my client.
My client missed stage dates set up. Pension company is willing to sort this out for him but is asking for fee £400 for neglecting dates. My question is, what should my client do? Shall he look for other pension company or go for the first one and ask his ex-accountant to pay the fee or?
Thank you for any advice.
3/14/2018
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and live in the Borders.

The price does not seem unreasonable. He could have a quick ask around, but I suspect that there will only be pennies in it if he does. His ex-accountant has been negligent so he should demand a refund of the fee from him and if he declines then take an action in the Sheriff Court as a small claim to recover his costs.

I do hope that I have been able to show you a way forward in this matter.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
HelloThank you again.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.