UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I am confused by the 183 day rule. company Contractor

Hi I am confused...

Hi I am confused by the 183 day rule

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Ok

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I am Ltd company Contractor working in the Netherlands through an agent in the UK and a Company based in Surrey I travel weekly to and from the Netherlands returning home in the UK at the weekends. I am also paid in GBP

3/13/2018
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You can forget about the 183 day rule, it does not apply to your circumstances. You will be liable for UK taxation, presumably under PAYE. I have a friend on one month on, one off and he is in the same boat.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Thought as much. Thank you very much!

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Thank you for your support.