UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I want to know if I have to pay tax on my Saudi salary as a…

I want to know...

I want to know if I have to pay tax on my Saudi salary as a Brit

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

So I have a full time job in Saudi and have a resident permit. I get paid in Saudi. So do I need to pay any taxes in the UK when I send money in the UK?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I travel to the UK as well

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
When I'm in the UK I still work for the Saudi company.
I've been working since April 2012 abroad, Dubai 8 months and then Saudi.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Did you send tour tax office a Form P85 in April 2012?

No I didn't.

You should do so immediately. Fortunately there is no time limit as to its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipt HMRC will classify you as non resident and once so classified you can spend up to 90 days in the UK in any one tax year without breaching your non resident status. Under these conditions your Saudi salary, wherever paid, will not be subject to UK Income tax (IT).

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant