UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

My friend wants to buy annual leave from her work which then…

Hi my friend wants to...
Hi my friend wants to buy annual leave from her work which then is deducted through her wage over 12 months. Will buying annual leave affect her tax credit
1/14/2018
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am pleased to be able to help you with your question.

It might, but then later as her wages are reduced then the position will correct itself. She is required to report her changes of income within 30 days to the Tax Credit Office (TCO).

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Post to clear my question list only.

is buying annual leave through the company known as salary sacrifice beneficial for tax purposes

For tax credits, the nub of your question, yes.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Thank you for your support.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant