UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I needed some help regarding deferred cash and deferred

Customer Question
Hi i needed some...

Hi i needed some help regarding deferred cash and deferred shares

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I received deferred cash and deferred shares in 2016/2017 so how do i enter them in the tax return?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I am a UK national working in Singapore and was non-UK resident for 2016/2017

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Tax
Answered in 1 day by:
12/23/2017
UK Tax Professional: bigduckontax, Accountant replied 7 months ago
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You don't, you only need to declare the gain these items, if any, on disposal and, in any event, you have a non cumulative Annual Exempt Amount (AEA), currently 11.3K, to offset such gains.

l do hope that you have found my advice of assistance.

That was a bit convoluted. You only declare a gain on disposal if there is any, not before. You can wait until the tax year of disposal. The AEA I have already explained.