UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

I left my job on October 31, 2017. The last payment was

Customer Question
Hi, I left my...

Hi, I left my job on October 31, 2017. The last payment was 24.11.2017. but I have not yet sent my 45 and the last payslip. I contacted my employer and the answer was to wait. Can you tell me how many days I have to send it to me and what to do? Because I urgently need the papers. Thank you!

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
UK Tax Professional: Sam, Accountant replied 2 months ago
Sam, Accountant

Hi, Sam here, one of the UK Tax Experts here on Just Answer, Thank you for your question - I shall reply shortly.

Hi

Thanks for your patince

there is no reason this could not have been sent to you as soona s the final pay roll run was undertaklen (which may have been 30/11/2017 if you are paid month end.

But on the final payroll run they would have issued your P45 details to HMRC - and whilst you cannot get a duplicate P45 if you have resumed employment elsewhere HMRC can issue a correct tax code with previous pay and tax to the new employer

Call them on 0300(###) ###-####as soon after 8am or as clsoe to 8pm - then you get through quicker - have to hand your National Insurance number and new employer reference number (PAYE reference number , which you can get from the new employer payroll staff) Let me know if you needed this information for any other reason and I can advsie further

Thanks

Sam, Accountant