UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I have a question about the distance selling EU VAT

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about the distance selling EU VAT thresholds

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We have a Hong Kong company that is selling products to EU customers. The products are not stored in EU, they are stored in HK and are shipped from HK. Since there is no stock kept in EU and our company is not based in EU, nor does it have an office in EU, do the distance selling EU VAT thresholds apply to us? Do we need to get VAT registered if we go over the thresholds?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The products that we sell are under 15 EUR, so they fall under the Low-value consignment relief, so customers also don't pay VAT when they receive them.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Tax
12/22/2017
UK Tax Professional: bigduckontax, Accountant replied 6 months ago
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Providing your aggregate turnover per year does not exceed the importing country's VAT Turnover Threshold then you have nothing to worry about. If it does breach the threshold you would have to register in the relevant country and account for the tax.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.