UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

My husband received a payment last year from an employment…

Customer Question
My husband received a payment...
My husband received a payment last year from an employment benefit trust based in Jersey. Tax was paid over to the Revenue. Where should he put this on his return he had left the companies employment 15 years before the payment was made.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Tax
11/23/2017
UK Tax Professional: bigduckontax, Accountant replied 7 months ago
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Put it in Boxes 17 - 21 on the SA100, a space is available for an explanation [Box 21].

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

that would make sense but it was paid from a trust registered in Jersey. Should it not go on foreign earnings

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other! Is Jersey foreign? Many Channel Islanders would be most offended were you to suggest that they were!

If it was classified as foreign then which boxes would you put income and tax

You would have to submit an additional form, a SA106.

but which boxes on SA106

Boxes 2 and 10 appear appropriate.