UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I am receiveing money from abroad, do i have to pay for Non…

I am receiveing money...

I am receiveing money from abroad, do i have to pay for Non Residential Tax Clearance Certificate?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am receive funds from malayasia which is over $100.00.00, they want me to pay certain amount for the Non Residential Tax Clearance Certificate,

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Can i pay for the Non Residential Tax Clearance Certificate to receive this funds from malayasia?

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that you are the victim of a scam.

This is a common request as part of such scams - such a certificate is not needed -

You can read more here

http://www.scamorama.com/wally_turner.html

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare
Clare, Solicitor
can you tell me is this is a genuine email from the right person?
Mr. Loh Lee Soon (MayBank AM) <*****@******.***check if the website is also genuine?
Online Website: http://www.myasset-management.com/

There are glaring spelling mistakes which show this to be a scam

This is a "cloned" website

The scammers have copied the real website - which is here

http://www.maybank-am.com/

as you can see the addresses are actually different