UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

May I ask a question about shares and the Companies House

filing of accounts? JA: The Accountant...
May I ask a question about shares and the Companies House filing of accounts?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Basically, the Ltd has issues shares for nominal value of in total 200 Pounds and we stated the sum in "Capital and Reserves"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Now where do I add this as assets?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am about to file a Micro account for a London-based LTD, which has been not trading and thus dormant in the period. The only item to be filled in is the Shareholder shares capital, which they have paid in:
10 shares each 20Pounds=200 PoundsIs the following then correct?Called up share capital not paid: 0
FixedAssets: 200
Current assets: 0
Prepayments and accrued income: 0
Creditors: amounts falling due within one year: ( 0 )
Net current assets (liabilities): 0
Total assets less current liabilities: 200
Creditors: amounts falling due after more than one year: ( 0 )
Provision for liabilities: ( 0 )
Accruals and deferred income: ( 0 )
Total net assets (liabilities): 200
Capital and reserves: 200
11/3/2017
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Looks correct, should go in the system OK.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Keith,we researched a little bit as well in the meanwhile and wonder if it is not right to enter as below. Please check:Called up share capital not paid: 0
FixedAssets: 0
Current assets: 200
Prepayments and accrued income: 0
Net current assets (liabilities): 200
Provision for liabilities: ( 0 )
Accruals and deferred income: ( 0 )
Total net assets (liabilities): 200
Capital and reserves: 200SITUATION:
The shareholders have paid in the shares into the bank account and nothing else has happened, no trade, no costs and no assets acquired. There are no physical assets the company holds and it has the 200 Pounds as cash in the bank account.Reasons:
- Company house UK states: Fixed assets: "Value of the company's physical (for example, machinery, office equipment or
buildings) and non-physical (for example, patents, trademarks, licences, goodwill) assets, taking account of depreciation."
- Company house UK states: Current assets: Value of any cash, or assets that can be converted into cash within one year, held by the company at the end of the period. For example, unsold goods. Include amounts owed (debtors) here."

This revised account seems perfectly respectable to me. I do feel that you are paying to much attention to this, just file the data.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the quick responses.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.

bigduckontax
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant