UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

I have some question about taxation. Is a non-resident tax

Customer Question
i have some question about...
i have some question about taxation
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: is a non-resident tax payer time in belgium time still be counted towards citizenship or PR
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: and is it difficult to get the status of non-resident tax payer.. my family will not be located in belgium
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it so far
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Tax
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please make sure it is BELGIUM not UK
10/6/2017
UK Tax Professional: bigduckontax, Accountant replied 1 month ago
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Could you please expand upon your question, please. Are you seeking advice on Belgium or the UK? Here is general guidance from Expatia:

'If you are living in Belgium for at least six months (183 days) of the year and registered with your local commune, then you are classed as a resident and have to pay Belgium income tax on your worldwide income. Your taxable income is the income left after deductions for social security contributions, personal allowance, professional costs, etc.

If you live in Belgium for less than six months (183 days), you will only be taxed on the income earned in Belgium – including rents and capital gains – once you qualify as non-resident status under the Belgian tax system.'

Sam, Accountant