UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I have an error found on a tax return, Regarding a P11D type…

Customer Question
I have an error...

I have an error found on a tax return

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Regarding a P11D type of benefit figure from my tax return was £0 figure from employer £4516 and the difference £4516

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Tax was paid by PAYE and paid in full

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Tax
8/4/2017
UK Tax Professional: Sam, Accountant replied 11 months ago
Sam, Accountant

Hi, Sam here, one of the UK Tax Experts here on Just Answer, Thank you for your question - I shall reply shortly.

HI

Can you expand on what you are advising

You had a P11d provided by the employer that states benefit of £4516 arise, which you failed to include in your tax return?

But then you state that tax was paid by PAYE - so was this same figure already included in the same years tax code ??

Thanks

the car benefit tax was paid by PAYEOn a self assessment form it requested the P11D details regarding the benefit in kindThe figure from my tax return was £0
This figure is the car benefit from my employer amount £4516The tax office thinks I owe £903.20

Hi

Then clearly the tax is owed for another reason so may I ask

1) how much was your income (gross before tax and national insurance deductions) for the year

2) Did your tax code that included this £4516 car benefit operate for all the months of the tax year so from April 2016 to March 2017

3) What tax HAD you paid as per the P60

4) What was your tax code for the year - and please then advsie the allowances awarded and all the deductions

You should have included this car benefit in your tax return as even if included in your tax code - then reflects the tax paid with this deduction - if you then fail to include this in your self assessment tax return then less tax is seen to be due which is not correct

I can then advsie further with the figures as to how this tax unpaid arose

Thanks