How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6497
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have unfortunately misplace my vat certificate and require

Customer Question

Hello Pearl I have unfortunately misplace my vat certificate and require a replacement can you help
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My VAT No is###-##-####if this helps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

My immediate reaction was that you cannot obtain one, the ones for the two companies I operate are jealously guarded, one for over 40 years! However, I discover that I am wrong!

If you ring the VAT helpline they can send you a copy certificate. after you have answered a few security questions to enable the request to be validated and verified. Once the VAT Office is satisfied they will send a copy in the post.

VAT Helpline contact details are here:

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.