How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4097
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a revaluation reserve figure of 261459 /fwd from last

Customer Question

I have a revaluation reserve figure of 261459 b/fwd from last year and want to write it off this year to P & l but Box 189 will not accept a minus figure - what should I enter
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Hillary, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The quick fudge to this is to only write off so much that box 189 does not become negative and write off the rest next year. It is only an exercise in financial futility anyway.

I do hope that helps.