How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6506
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Moved to Denmark 1995 never claimed any government pension

Customer Question

moved to Denmark 1995 never claimed any government pension paid through national insurance or if i can receive any tax refund as changing country as have heard through the English community this is possible , i left England july 1995 and do not intend to move back as have children here even though i am divorced now. so question is how can i get pension money refunded from goverment pension and tax refunded and can you help sorting it out ,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is this question closed when you have not answered anything....
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Firstly when you moved to Denmark did you complete a Form P85 and send it to the Inland Revenue as it was then? If you did not then you should do so immediately, but, of course, to HMRC. Fortunately there is no time limit as to its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipt HMRC will classify you as non resident. The form makes provision for any tax refund due on leaving the UK during part of a tax year.

You can claim your State Pension (SP) on line. The procedure you can find here:

Although you may be entitled to a SP you cannot reclaim any National Insurance contributions made in the past.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.