Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I can't make the "Shareholders' funds must be equal to the

Customer Question

I can't make the "Shareholders' funds must be equal to the total net assets (liabilities)"
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I know where the problem is, my company took £3188 to run in the last financial year but did not have any income (investment or revenue), I don't know where to add this figure on the return to make everything balance
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no can't think of anything. no changes in share ownership. no immediate debt to pay. all the money owed for the financial year has already gone through the accounts. Perhaps I should increase the amounts falling due within one year to balance things?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Please let me have an image of your p&l account and balance sheet and I will review your accounts for you. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am attaching my extended trial balance, that should cover things.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also there has been no change in called up share capital which stands at 1 share issued
thank you for your reply.Do you have a copy of last year's accounts?It appears you made a loss of 2,799 before an adjustment of 54. Ehat is this adjustment?Many thanks
If you give me your company name I will see what was filed for last year Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£54 would be refunds received in that financial year. account from last year are attached:
Thank you for the file..I am struggling to open the file.Please advise company name/number and I will have a quick look at Companies HouseMany thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CEREBRIAM TECHNOLOGY LTD Registered Number 07694237
Thank you.. I have downloaded your accounts for last year.Going back to your speadsheet, please advise- what is the bank balance at 31 Jul 2015 - is it £453 (cash at bank or bank overdraft)- the refund of £54 - was it credited to the bank account and is reflected in the £453 balance- did you fund expenditure for accounting year ended 31 Jul 2015 out of own funds or the company bank account - cash at bank as at 31 Jul 2014 reported figure £3,018Your accounts are due for filing today.Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£453 is cash in bank
£54 - yes - is credited to the bank account and is reflected in the £453 balance
expenditure for accounting year ended 31 Jul 2015 came from the company bank account
yes i know :-)
Thank you for your reply.. I am happy to prepare your draft accounts for ye 31 JUl 2015 for your perusal and filing today.I can do this as a premium service. Please let me know if acceptable and we will proceed. Offer sentOtherwise I will let another expert help you.You have a large figure in creditors amounts falling due afte more than one year..what is it? Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy for you to prepare my draft accounts for ye 31 JUl 2015 for the amount I have already paid, i haven't had any questions answered so far?
Thank you for your reply..I will prepare the accounts for your perusal and filing within 90 mins.I am not happy to prepare without the premuim service.I will let another expert help you in that case.please advise. many thanks
I have been asking questions to enable me to understand your accounting entries better.I am a qualified accountant in practice and I can help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have spent all this time asking questions but have offered no assistance. You should answer the questions posed at the beginning of this discussion to complete this session. I am not interested in the premium service.
Thank you for your reply.I am opting you and hope you are able to file your accounts today thus meeting CH deadline.Best wishes
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I see my colleague has opted out. Have you successfully filed the relevant accounts for Corporation Tax?