UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

Leasehold property, I have bought a leasehold property for…

Customer Question
Leasehold property Accountant's Assistant:...

Leasehold property

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have bought a leasehold property for £35k 15 year lease and £16k of improvements - what can i set off against my corporation tax bill

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Tax
3/30/2016
UK Tax Professional: Sam, Accountant replied 1 year ago
Sam, Accountant

Hi

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts here on Just Answer.

You seem to indicate that you bought the property in your name rather than the limited company - can you clarify?

Can you also advsie what the £16K was spent on (so please be more specific what improvements were carried out)

Is this a residential or commercial property - is it used at all in the limited company ? Or is it rented out to generate rental income

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In a limited companythe £16 k was spent on leasehold improvementsit is a commercial property which I run my restaurant from

Hi

Then these costs are only allowable once the property is sold to reduce the gain mad (which is then liable for corporation tax)

Thanks

Sam, Accountant