How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tony Tax Your Own Question
Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15946
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Tony Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was hoping you would be able to provide me with some

Customer Question

Hi Tony,
I was hoping you would be able to provide me with some advice regarding a unique situation I find myself in.
My Partner is Swedish, she has recently moved back to Sweden to Study for a Medical Degree. I have a full time Job as an Engineer in the UK and I am hoping to take advantage of flexible working conditions with my company so that I can be in Sweden with my partner more often.
I need to know if there are any implications (such as taxation) for myself or my company if I spend up to days a month in Sweden. I will continue working on UK projects, for my UK company, paid in pound sterling to my UK bank account during these short monthly trips to Sweden, in total this would come up to no more than 60 days (but likely to be 35 days over the course of the year)and all money would be earned in the UK even though I maybe conducing some of the work in Sweden.
Please can you confirm whether such an arrangement will put any requirements on me or my company?
My assumption is that it has no impact on me from a tax point of view and my company will not need to do anything such as register or pay tax on anything. The reason behind this is that the time I will be in Sweden is very limited, and the projects I will be working on and salary earned will be in the UK.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 1 year ago.


I'm not an expert on Swedish tax and you would be well advised to seek out local advice.

However, if you look here and here, I would say that based on the information you have provided, in particular the time you envisage spending in Sweden, you would not be a tax resident of Sweden and nor would you have to pay tax on your income in Sweden even if you did a little work in that country. The same would apply to your company.

I hope tbis helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Tony Tax replied 1 year ago.


I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions.