How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6497
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a London flat in 2006 with my husband but moved to

Customer Question

I bought a London flat in 2006 with my husband but moved to work in Netherlands in 2007. He remained in the flat till jan 2008 then joined me after getting a job in Netherlands. We rented the flat till april 2015. We returned to the UK in oct 2014 , me first after finding a job in berkshire. He joined me back in the UK in june 2015 and we purchased a house in march 2015 in berkshire .We still owned the London flat but the distance from its location and my work made it non commutable. Nearly 2 hrs each way per day.We also have a 25 percent share of anon mortgaged flat 2 hrs away in kent. We would now like to sell the London property but want to know if we need to pay capital gains tax if we do and if so how much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I have asked for additional information.. see link here

Many thanks