UK Tax

UK tax questions? Ask a UK tax advisor for answers ASAP

I bought a London flat in 2006 with my husband but moved to…

Customer Question
I bought a London flat...
I bought a London flat in 2006 with my husband but moved to work in Netherlands in 2007. He remained in the flat till jan 2008 then joined me after getting a job in Netherlands. We rented the flat till april 2015. We returned to the UK in oct 2014 , me first after finding a job in berkshire. He joined me back in the UK in june 2015 and we purchased a house in march 2015 in berkshire .We still owned the London flat but the distance from its location and my work made it non commutable. Nearly 2 hrs each way per day.We also have a 25 percent share of anon mortgaged flat 2 hrs away in kent. We would now like to sell the London property but want to know if we need to pay capital gains tax if we do and if so how much
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Tax
2/20/2016
UK Tax Professional: taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant replied 2 years ago
taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant

Thank you for your question.

I have asked for additional information.. see link here

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/313a4b89818d4c529011126b43588cfc

Many thanks