How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your UK Tax Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Self assessment - Need to put in bank interest earned into

Customer Question

Self assessment - Need to put in bank interest earned into the self assessment form. I have the gross, net amounts plus the tax already paid. Please advise what amount - gross or net - do I enter in the form.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You should enter net interest received in Box 1 - Taxed UK interest etc.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Related UK Tax Questions