How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4983
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your UK Tax Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

TaxVince, I am currently offshore in and have just completed

Customer Question

Hi TaxVince,
I am currently offshore in Angola and have just completed my tax return for the year 14/15. My company has paid my Angolan tax for me and I am in receipt of a letter say how much they have paid on my behalf. With this in mind am I able to offset this amount from my UK tax bill?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am another tax expert on this site and I am happy to help you with your question.

You can claim foreign tax credit relief against tax suffered on your earnings in Angola under the double taxation agreement between the two countries by completing supplementary pages SA106-Foreign accompanying your main tax return.

More information on this can be found here (also look at Foreign notes)

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.