UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

I'm struggling with my CT600 this year - particularly the

Customer Question
CIH figure for AC68. The confusion...
I'm struggling with my CT600 this year - particularly the CIH figure for AC68.
The confusion is that this can only be a positive figure, yet strictly I have made a loss on my net P&L due to overpaying dividends, because of the 6% VAT surpluses built up over the last 6 years of trading. Putting a "0" in CIH will still not balance to AC187 in P&L, so I'm not sure what I can do ? Do I now take it that I should have only have paid dividends based on net P&L ????
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Tax
11/5/2015
UK Tax Professional: taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant replied 2 years ago
taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant

Thank you for your question..

Please complete boxes as appropriate and I will review your figures for you.

PROFIT AND LOSS Box No. This year Box No. Last year

profit or (loss) on ordinary activities before taxation AC32 AC33

tax on profit or loss on ordinary activities AC34 AC35

profit or (loss) for the financial year AC36 AC37

dividends for the period AC38 AC39

net balance for the financial period transferred to reserves AC40 AC41

BALANCE SHEET Box No. This year Box No. Last year

intangible assets AC42 AC43

tangible assets AC44 AC45

TOTAL FIXED ASSETS AC48 AC49

stocks AC50 AC51

debtors AC52 AC53

cash at bank and in hand AC54 AC55

TOTAL CURRENT ASSETS AC56 AC57

creditors due within one year AC58 AC59

NET CURRENT ASSETS AC60 AC61

TOTAL ASSETS LESS CURRENT LIABILITIES AC62 AC63

creditors due after more than one year AC64 AC65

provision for liabilities AC66 AC67

TOTAL NET ASSETS AC68 AC69

CAPITAL AND RESERVES Box No. This year Box No. Last year

called up share capital AC70 AC71

revaluation reserve AC76 AC77

profit and loss account AC74 AC75

TOTAL SHAREHOLDERS FUNDS AC80 AC810

STATUTORY ACCOUNTS NOTES Box No. This year Box No. Last year

profit and loss - opening balance AC184 AC215

profit for the period AC185 AC216

equity dividends paid AC186 AC217

retained profit AC187 AC218

Many thanks

Thanks for this.
I attach a spreadsheet of what I've got so far. I realised that the Profit & Loss Account page was the key to my submission (as it interacts with other pages/boxes). Therefore, I tend to work back from there after completing the main Profit and Loss page. As you can see, for the last 2 years I paid myself high dividends, because of the amount of residue building up in my company bank account. This currently stands at £ 59776.00 so I'm certainly not insolvent.File attached and await your thoughts ? I think its completing the CT600 on a net basis and unsure of how to treat the 6%'s accumulated, which have confused me.Many thanks.

Thank you for your reply....

I have to be honest with you... your accounts need a review. It is important there is proper accounting of 6% VAT surpluses. I am happy to help you and can offer it as additional service.

I am a qualified accountant in practice and I have helped many customers with CT600 returns on this site.

Please let me know if it is acceptable, otherwise I will let another expert help you here.

Many thanks

Forgive me here, but I am now a little apprehensive about the motives of your site here.I was expecting to pay £40 to get things resolved and now find, I am being asked for an additional £93. Whilst I would be happy to get this advice for £133, I'm a little hesitant that this is where things are going to stop. The £40 seems to have been initial consideration and generating the list of boxes. Sorry, but I'll need to consider where I go with this now, as the media don't help in building up trust about services delivered via the internet - especially where transactions are concerned.Regards,
Jonathan

Johathan, thanks for your reply.

Please take your time and once you are satisfied in your mind and heart you can come back..

I have been open and honest with you. You don't have to take the offer.

I await further development.

Many thanks.

Sam, Accountant