How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4089
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a personal trainer and have a limited company and am

Customer Question

Hi there,
I am a personal trainer and have a limited company and am filing my annual corporation tax return which is on HMRC and also files to Companies House. Basically the company is just me training clients outdoors so all the expenses to the company are all mine e.g. salaries have come to me, travel is mine etc.
In the 'accounts' profit and loss session it asks for the below
Distribution costs
Administrative expenses
I have taken these to include:
Distribution costs - my travel costs (all petrol costs)
Administrative expenses - my wages, equipment, computer & consumables and office supplies costs
Then I got to the 'computations' section which also asks for the below expenses:
Salaries and wages
Travel and subsistence
Vehicle expenses
Administration and office expenses
I wasn't sure which expenses to put where? Can you please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Your understanding of where certain costs are reported is not quite correct.

I am happy to help you with completing your CT600 return but as additional service.

Please let me know if this is acceptable and I will then send you an offer.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,How much will this cost? I thought I had already paid to have it answered?Thanks,Marcella
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Marcella, thank you for your reply.

I have helped many customers here with filing CT600 returns and returns to Companies House. You appear to be struggling with classification of expenses etc.

I am sending you my offer for additional service here.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This seems very steep for what is a question on clarifying expense categories. How do I get a straightforward response to my initial question and cost paid?
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

My offer is based on helping others with similar problems when one question leads to another.

I am happy to opt out and let another expert here help you.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello Marcella, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Completing this part of the on line reporting system is always a bit of a nightmare as the classification headings seem to have no correspondence with any accounting reality. I personally hate the CT600 on line as it takes at least half an hour to file when with the old paper based system you were pushed if it took five minutes!

What you have to do is sit down quietly and classify your overheads in the format which the CT600 defines. I know it is a pain, but necessary. Make sure that when you have finished that the two totals correspond as, if they do not lock up then the CT600 will never be accepted by the system. It's a job requiring the backs of lots of envelopes and a wet towel round your head to get the whole shooting match to balance. Exact reporting is not essential. For a small enterprise you could put the whole lot under Administrative Expenses.

I do hope my reply has shown you a way forward.