How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13915
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Offshore at the moment and the WiFi naff. Can you claim back

Customer Question

Hi offshore at the moment and the WiFi naff.
Can you claim back incorrectly deducted class 4 as working under the bim53951.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question

Class 4 is charged on self employment income in excess of the threshold, so please could you explain furtehr regarding your offshore work

So are you self employed ?

When did you leave the UK

Are you on a flotation ship or a stationary location (I assume you are a diver but please expand on where you live in between dives)

How long will this contract last for

How often do you visit the UK - are any of these visits for work purposes or do you work a shift pattern for example 4 weeks working and then 4 weeks at home in the UK

I can then establish your position and answer your initial question