How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3705
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Complicated situation. My husband and I sold a house. We

Customer Question

Hi there. Complicated situation. My husband and I sold a house. We have a good deposit. But he works offshore and no lender will take us with the current climate for our second property. We saw a house we liked. Lost it. My parents want to buy it with a view to transferring a mortgage minus our deposit to myself and my husband. Is this possible/legal? They want to give us the house when my husband secures a more stable position and to use the money to buy another property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
Before I can properly address your question I require some more information.
When you say you sold a house was it your sole or main domestic residence or a second home?
What do you mean my 'we have a good deposit?'
If your parents give you the house from whence will the moneys come to buy another property?

Related UK Tax Questions