How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tony Tax Your Own Question
Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15940
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Tony Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my tax reference number. Could it be UTR followed by

Customer Question

I need my tax reference number. Could it be UTR followed by 10 digits (in two groups of five) please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 2 years ago.
Take a look at the SA100 tax return below:
You are correct in your thinking that your tax reference number is ***** UTR (Unique Tax Reference) number. The UTR isn't always shown with a gap between the first five numbers and the last five numbers but it certainly can be.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.