How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4995
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your UK Tax Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to transfer money from my boyfriends account in

Customer Question

I am trying to transfer money from my boyfriends account in TX to my account in MD and it's asking me for a non residential tax code. Can you help me????!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.
I am another UK based tax expert on Just Answer and I am happy to help you.
Please advise who is asking for a non residential tax code
Also, non residential tax code for which country?
Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clydesdale Bank. I guess? That's how I tried to transfer the funds from my boyfriends account in TX to my account in MD by using His name is***** and my name is***** So, I need the non residential tax code for USA
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hilda, thank you for your reply.
I have the following comments to make -
I have a bank account with Clydesdale bank in the UK. The website address you have given does not look right.
This is the link for Clydesdale Bank in the UK
Furthermore, in the UK we don't use non residential tax codes when transferring money from one account to another or when transferring money internationally.
You have asked for a non redidential tax code for USA. There are a lot of scams around. MY advise to you is to make proper enquiries before you part company with hard earned money.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Please only rate my answer if it is acceptable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not my hard earned money. It's my boyfriends. He gave me everything from his Bank Account in a text message and he wants me to transfer some of his money into my bank account. He doesn't know my bank information.Please I need the Non Residential Tax Code as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the funds are being transferred from his Texas account in the US to my Maryland account in the US.
Expert: replied 2 years ago.

Where are you based?

Expert: replied 2 years ago.

I know when you want to transfer funds into other bank accounts within the USA, you need routing number and account number with payee details... I have transferred money within USA and never been asked for non-residential tax code.

Make sure it is not a scam.