UK Tax

UK Tax Questions? Ask a UK Tax Advisor for answers ASAP

UK Tax

I have beenddenied tax credit and working tax credit what can i do

Customer Question
i have beenddenied tax credit and...
i have beenddenied
tax credit and working tax credit what can i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Tax
7/26/2015
UK Tax Professional: Sam, Accountant replied 2 years ago
Sam, Accountant
Hi
Thanks for your question and for asking for me
Did they advise why your claim has been refused? How late did you send the requested paperwork.
Is this your first claim -
Thanks
it is not my first claim and the paperwork was sent 3 months late because i had until 21 of april to send or the requested documents
Hi
And on what grounds have they refused your claim? And why were you late sending the paperwork requested?
Thanks
they actually denied my request for a mandat8ory reconsideration and said there is no further rigth of appeal to her majesty court and tribunal service and that the reason of delay was not a special circumtances
Hi
But on what grounds did they refuse your claim - it would not have been just because you were late with your documents
Thanks
i was still waiting for my passport from the home office
all they said is i sent my mandatory reconsideration late and that the reason of my delay was not treated as special circumtances
hello
are u there
Hi
That would not result in a denied claim - they would have just put in on hold until the passport became available.
Why did the home office have your passport?
Have you been refused as you do not qualify under the rules of having UK citizen ship, or some other reason - please help me, so I can offer you the right advise
Thanks
my son is 3 years and he is europeen and i derived my stay from him as his primary care
before i was student visa and that is why i sent my passport to the home office to swap my status
and i have 5 years stay
Hi
I shall opt out, as you are not answering my questions - you would not have been denied tax credits just because you were late with requested papers -
I feel there is another reason, which you would have been advised of when the documents were first requested from you, as to why your claim was denied and possibly your late producing of those documents then further concerned the Tax credit office.
But unless you can tell me why this was, then I cannot offer you any accurate advise.
Thanks
before then i was already receiving child credit and working tax credit but they stopped that i should all the documents i mentioned above before the 21 april 2015 i which i did not do until june
that is the whole story
UK Tax Professional: bigduckontax, Accountant replied 2 years ago
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist you with your problem. I endorse what Sam has told you so far. You say you were already in receipt of child tax credit and working tax but these were stopped by the Tax Credit Office (TCO). I know that the TCO is a very opaque office with which to deal, my own personal file with that organization is over 2 inches thick. Surely the TCO gave a reason why the credits were stopped? Remember, the award of tax credits is only an interim award [ie temporary] and is finalised at the end of the tax year by further submissions by you. If you did not render these then the credits would be automatically terminated. You may well have fallen foul of this procedure. I understand that you were late sending documents for a new application, but normally that would merely result in your claim being deferred. Have the TCO not explained why these credits have suddenly stopped and the new application not proceeded with? My advice is to write to the TCO asking why the original award was stopped and what has happened to your new application. I suspect that you have fallen foul of the end of the tax year confirmation process. I do hope that I have shed some light on your possible position.
If you have any other follow up questions please submit them.
bigduckontax
bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant