How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4075
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter, a student, has been taxed on her Minimum Wage

Customer Question

my daughter, a student, has been taxed on her Minimum Wage Earnings as a waitress at Wimbledon. Her code is 0T.Will she get a rebate in due course?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist you with your question. She should. Her employers should have taken P46 action if she did not present a P45 when taken on and HMRC will then allocate a tax code. Once that code is applied to her wages the whole thing should adjust out and she receive a refund through her pay packet. Actually they should have taken her on using an emergency code, but this clearly has not happened. It is now just a case of waiting for a tax code, checking it, I would anticipate it to be 1060, and the whole thing should come out in the wash as they say. I do hope that my reply has ben able to set your mind at rest on this matter..