How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tony Tax Your Own Question
Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15902
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Tony Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tony i am having to work out my own p60 year 2014

Customer Question

Hi Tony
i am having to work out my own p60 for last year 2014 /2015 on 26,000 i have no idea what the lel is in fact i dont no much about this can u help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 2 years ago.

Who has asked you to work out your own P60? Why have they done that? Did you earn the sde same amount in each month of the 2014/15 tax year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my weekly wage was the same every week i need to do this as i cant find my original p60 and need it for mortgage aplication

Expert:  Tony Tax replied 2 years ago.

Leave this with me while I draft my answer.
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.

I'm assuming that you had a basic personal allowance of £10,000 (tax code 1000L), no employment benefits, no pension contributions were paid via your payslip, you were under 65 for the whole of the 2014/15 tax year and you were on national insurance code A. On £26,000, you would have paid tax of £3,200.00 and Employee's NIC of £2,165.28. There would have been Employer's NIC of £2,490.07. I used the calculator here.

You may be able to check the tax and NI figure by calling HMRC on the number here. Your employer's payroll section should be able to confirm the gross pay and tax and NI deductions.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Related UK Tax Questions