Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I want to make a money Transfer from Santander Bank in UK to Sparkasse in Germany, 29.000

Customer Question

I want to make a money Transfer from Santander Bank in UK to Sparkasse in Germany, 29.000 €. I received the following message from Santander Bank and want to know if that is correct.
" Regarding the C.O.T Code charges of £1,500 Pounds = $2,400 Dollars = €2,060 Euros note that you are to send it using Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram International Money Transfer with our Bank Broker/Agent information who is in charge of receiving cash payment/transfer from any client/customer from your country which is to be sent to our branch in New Delhi, India.
BROKER'S/AGENT ACCOUNT INFORMATION
FULL NAME: ALEX JOHN (Alex John)
RECEIVER FIRST NAME: ALEX
RECEIVER LAST NAME: JOHN
RECEIVER STATE: NEW DELHI
RECEIVER COUNTRY: INDIA
Thanks for the answer
Kind regards
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question and asking for me.
I am sorry to advise but this very much seems like a scam, perhaps you could advise the following
1) Why you are trying to make this transfer - who is asking for a payment and why?
2) Whether you have yet paid any money upfront
Thanks