How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4972
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your UK Tax Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi If am employee gets a 30K tax free redundancy payment,

This answer was rated:


If am employee gets a 30K tax free redundancy payment, do they have to show this on thier self assessment tax return and if so, which box would it go in?

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You will report the figure as part of additional information (Form SA101) under the heading "
Share schemes and employment lump sums, compensation and deductions and certain post-employment income."

Enter the value on Box 9 - Compensation and lump sums £30,000 exemption.

More information can be found here .. look at Page AiN 15

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you
JP, I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.