How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13818
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We own a property which is usually rented out to tenants, but

This answer was rated:

We own a property which is usually rented out to tenants, but which is currently empty, as it is up for sale. This means we are now liable for Council Tax. Are we able to claim against Tax?



Thanks for your question


I am sorry to say that this is not a permitted expense as you have no rental income for that same period (as you have no tenants) plus the fact this is a personal expense usually borne by the residents or owners of the residence.


I am sorry the news is not more favourable.




Sam and 2 other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Tax Questions