How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxVince Your Own Question
TaxVince, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 965
Experience:  Chartered Accountant >20 years + Qualified IFA
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
TaxVince is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has an HMRC-registered business buying and refurbishing

This answer was rated:

My son has an HMRC-registered business buying and refurbishing properties. If I supply him with a 0% loan to buy and redevlop a property and am repaid the loan in full when it is sold will there be any tax implications for myself?

TaxVince :

Hi. Thanks for your question. Should you find the answer below incomplete or you are not fully answered, please drop a reply before rating.

TaxVince :

Providing a loan to your son with no interest does NOT have UK tax implications for yourself. However its worth putting all the loan details in a formal loan agreement between yourself and your son for future reference.


TaxVince :

Let me know if you have any further comments.

TaxVince and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you