How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tony Tax Your Own Question
Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15901
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Tony Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

USD income on UK tax return Background: I live in UK and

This answer was rated:

USD income on UK tax return

I live in UK and receive income from my part-time forex trading in USD, which I need to declare in GBP on the tax return. The conversion factor to GBP varies over time, and depends on what site you look at for conversion rate. The money only gets converted into GBP if I withdraw, but I'm not withdrawing inorder to re-invest the funds.

Please advice when to convert to GBP and what's the best reference/website to look up exchange rate.

You can use the average exchange rate for the year to the 31 March that ends in the tax year. You'll find these here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Tony Tax and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the spot on answer and speedy service.. fantastic

Thanks for accepting my answer so rapidly.

Related UK Tax Questions