How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4983
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your UK Tax Question Here... is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are considering starting a UK company for a holiday let

This answer was rated:

We are considering starting a UK company for a holiday let business in Portugal,I am portuguese resident and many of my clients are english. would you know if we could charge our portuguese expenses (fuel, communications etc) to a UK company? Can you forsee any problems with this set up?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

For an expense to be allowable for tax purposes, it should have been incurred wholly and exclusively for business.

If the UK company will be reporting the income for holiday let in Portugal, then I don't foresee any problems with it bearing expenses incurred in Portugal.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you