How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tony Tax Your Own Question
Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15944
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Tony Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband (deceased 2/6/2011) received a seamans pension

This answer was rated:

my husband (deceased 2/6/2011) received a seaman's pension from Germany it passed to me at a reduced rate 88 euro's per month do I have to complete a foreign form?

What do you mean by "a foreign form"? Are you completing a tax return?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes i am filing a self assessment tax return


If you are completing a paper form, you should call the tax office on the number here and ask for the foreign pages SA106. Alternatively, you can print them from here. The German pension goes into the pension box on page F2. The country code for Germany is DEU. The foreign pages guidance notes are here.

You should deduct 10% from the pension and only disclose 90% as it is a foreign pension. Read the notes on pages FN10 and FN11 as you may be entitled to a full tax exemption for the German pension.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Tony Tax and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks for accepting my answer.
Tony Tax and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help