How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxVince Your Own Question
TaxVince, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 965
Experience:  Chartered Accountant >20 years + Qualified IFA
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
TaxVince is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company has been dissolved by Companies House. However I

This answer was rated:

My company has been dissolved by Companies House. However I am involved with HMRC to get a large tax rebate from CIS payments, which would be paid, I presume in the company name. The bank account is frozen, so how could I get the money. It would not be economic to restore the company with the fines we would be subjected to.


MamaTax :

Hi Thanks for posting the question. Should you find the answer below incomplete or you are not fully answered, please drop a reply before rating.

MamaTax :

Once a company is wound up, the official receiver or liquidator or whoever is representing the company is the official beneficial owner of your company and from the date of closure, company shareholders or directors have no further say in the running of the company including filing Company Tax Returns and paying Corporation Tax ;and the tax office communicates all its correspondences with the official receiver.

MamaTax :

You dont have to restate the company but its worth chatting with HMRC if you are the official receiver of the company and refunds can be made in your name.

MamaTax :

Hope this helps.

MamaTax :

Could you please confirm if you have any further questions. If answered could you please rate the question before you go. Thanks


Thanks for that. As a private individual I will not require an on going service each month. So this would just be a one off.

TaxVince and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you