How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13914
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client whos you child is going to be ding some modelling,

This answer was rated:

I have a client who's you child is going to be ding some modelling, they have been told that the child will need to be self employed and I was wondering if they therefore have their own personal allowance?



Thanks for your question


Yes they do have their own personal allowance and are considered liable for tax consideration from birth, whereas National Insurance does not become a valid charge until they reach 16.





Sam and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you